Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What does a girl do after devoting three years to caring for the man she loves? I guess she starts a new blog.

Unfortunately it starts with the mundane. Life becomes filled with paper work, donating, and phone calls. Friends slowly call, write and ask how they can help. Bills that I have happily given over to my partner are now needing to be handled by me.

Slowly I am picking myself up and I am trying to design a life without Dennis. We all knew this day was coming, we tried to prepare, but who is ever ready?

Not me, I guess.

So if you are willing to go onto the next chapter in my life with me, I am ready to share once again. As always I will be brutally honest, perhaps a bit too honest, and hopefully with my quirky sense of humor.

Until later,

Ann, on her own

8 comments:

  1. Mom and I will be here with you on this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your own, yes, but with a heart full of memories. Here if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you will continue blogging. I look forward to continuing your journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs have become part of my week, Ann. I am glad you will continue to share you journey. You and Shiva have some wonderful days somewhere around the corner. Perhaps you have a children's book inside you just waiting to get out. Be gentle w/yourself. You need your caregiving skills for yourself now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be here Ann, Following you in your new life. I know its tough, but you'll get through it. Email anytime. djonesprice@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have decided to keep blogging. Thank you for continuing to share your life journey. Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to see you got home safe and sound and had a good trip to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you had a good idea starting a new blog. Keep listening to that voice inside. it really does have your answers. Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete